Wednesday, October 12, 2011

A Vacation in Venice.

"I stood in Venice, on the Bridge of Sighs; A palace and a prison on each hand; I saw from out the wave of her structure's rise As from the stroke of the enchanter's wand: A thousand years their cloudy wings expand Around me, and a dying Glory smiles O'er the far times, when many a subject land Look'd to the winged Lion's marble pines, Where Venice sate in state, throned on her hundred isles."
-Lord Byron, Childe Harold.

Tha quote from Lord Byron says it all! Venice is indeed one of the most beautiful places I have had the opportunity to see. It is a City drenched in colors...Colors of beauty. The richness of the City's architecture will have you drooling over it! So let me warn you beforehand..this is going to be a picture-heavy post.



Can't you just hear the Gondolier's Song mesmerising the entire environment! Look at the burst of colors ...we were spell-bound by the sheer richness of the colors all around us!

A charming road-side cafe...Such lovely cafes dot the Venetian landscape..adding to the colorful swirl of enticement that is Venice!




The Merchants of Venice! selling their lovely wares..Delicate Laces of a variety of hues, Carnival masks of porcelian, stunning water-colors celebrating the beauty of Venice!

Loved the picture of this calm cat enjoying the weather!





Venice is famous for its unique Glasswares (especially the Burano and Murano Islands)...They are showcased all around the City..thus enhancing its elegance....Oh to be back in Venice...Pictures simply dont do enough justice to the beauty of this Old City.

I will leave you to enjoy the allure and charm of this Grand City. One more post on Venice is lined up. Till the next post...Ciao!




Disclaimer: All the images used in this post have been clicked by me. Please donot use without permission/credit. I am willing to share!





2 comments:

  1. Venice is indeed a beautiful city.hope I can visit it some day.
    So are you from Delhi originally ?as you mentioned you might visit surajkund mela in feb:) it will be fun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ohh..its on top of my list of places I want to visit.

    ReplyDelete